This introduction to Oman beauty is a perfect itinerary for your limited time and budget. A quick escape is only what you need to get energized again!This itinerary covers the top sights of Oman from stunning orange hue desert sands to turquoise and clear wadis. Dream under the stars with a desert campfire and watch the turtles on their natural habitat.
- From Muscat airport or from any hotel within Muscat City
- Day 1: Depart from Muscat - Fanja and Mudhairib photo stop – Ibra - Wahiba Desert Sands
- Day 2: Wadi Bani Khalid – Sur – Ras Al Hadd
- Day 3: Qalhat – Wadi Shab – Bimah Sinkhole – Return to Muscat
What is included in the tour
- 2 nights accommodation on sharing basis
- daily breakfast and dinner at the camp/resort
- English speaking guide cum driver
- 4wd car during the trip on private basis
- Limited drinking water/soft drinks
- entrance fees where applicable
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any meals other than mentioned
- Tips and porter age
- Any items on personal nature
Day 1: Depart from Muscat - Fanja and Mudhairib photo stop – Ibra - Wahiba Desert Sands
- We will pick you up from your hotel in Muscat to start an exciting day. Our first stop on this day is Fanja, where we will drive through the town along the mountains to admire the ancient mud buildings. We continue through to the Old Town Mudhairib. The ruins here offer a wonderful photo opportunity.
- Our next stop is the city of Ibra. Here we will stroll around the local market. (Tip: If you’re doing this on Wednesday, you might want to skip the stop over and leave early from Muscat to witness the Wednesday Women’s Market which is an exceptional experience!)
- After visiting Ibra ancient village, we drive inside the desert to our Desert Camp. In the afternoon you will take part in an adventurous 4×4 Sand-dune drive, followed by watching the stunning sunset of the desert on one of the big sand dunes. We finish the day with a Dinner at the camp and a nice relaxing time around a romantic campfire.
- Overnight at Safari Desert Camp.
Day 2: Wadi Bani Khalid – Sur – Ras Al Hadd
- After enjoying the desert activities (camel riding, climbing up to the dunes etc.), we check-out and drive to Wadi Bani Khalid, one of the biggest and most beautiful Wadis in Oman. Here we will spend some time to swim, sunbath, relax and to have a picnic in the beautiful scenic wadi canyons.
- Afterwards, we continue to Sur where we will give you a small tour. You can have a chance to visit the small Dhow Factory and see the craftsmen in action. Then we continue to Ras al Hadd where we will check-in at Turtle Beach Resort for dinner and rest. In the evening, after the dinner we visit the Turtle sanctuary at Ras Al Jinz. Here we will go on a guided beautiful walking tour on the beach at night under the stars, where we have a high chance of seeing Oman’s great sea turtles stumbling on to the beach to build a nest and lay the eggs. (Please note that although turtles can be seen all year round, we do not guarantee it and no refund will be given in case no turtle are seen.) If you are lucky, you can even see baby turtles hatching from some nests. (Tip: It is always windy in the reserve, bring some light jacket and wear close sports shoes)
- Dinner and Overnight at Turtle Beach Resort.
Day 3: Qalhat – Wadi Shab – Bimah Sinkhole – Return to Muscat
- After a nice breakfast at the resort’s restaurant overlooking to the sea, we check out and drive along the coastal road to Wadi Shab. On the way we take a photo stop in Qalhat at The Tomb of Bibi Mariam. Qalhat was visited by Marco Polo in the 13th century, but he refers to it as Calatu. Qalhat is also described by the famous Muslim traveller, Ibn Battuta of the 14th century, who was known as “the Marco Polo of the Muslim world“.
- Then we continue to Wadi Shab. This Wadi is an enormous canyon gorge that is lined with palm trees and impressive indications of what the power of the water coming down from the mountains can do in nature. With a 45 minute hike up through the canyon Wadi, we arrive at one of several crystal clear water pools. Tourists can swim on through the warm waters from pool to pool. Eventually we come to the last pool where an opening among the enormous rocks allows us to swim into an incredible crevice cave with a small waterfall. Inside, the sunlight filters in from the outside, turning the water into a beautiful turquoise blue whilst water showers down one side of the cave from the wadi beyond. Our next stop is the Bamah Sinkhole, a big crater near the sea with a small lake at the bottom, which is believed to have been created by a meteor. Then we drive back to Muscat and you will be drop off to your hotel or to the airport for your departure flight.
How to proceed with the booking
We will try to our best to get back to you as soon as possible, between 1-3 days. Do not make any ongoing or additional travel plans until the tour is confirmed.
Once your booking is confirmed, we will require a deposit which are due within 15 days after confirmation of the tour. Final payment is due 5 days before tour date. We can also accept cash as final payment.
Cancellations & Refunds
All cancellation requests must be received in writing or confirmed email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more about our cancellation policy, please visit our Cancellation Policy Page.