Monday Hurray! - Trips: Muscat City tour - Nakhal– Muscat
What else could be better than starting your week with the best trip ever!
Pick-up Time/ Place:
- Sharing basis: 8:00am: Lulu Parking Lot, Ghubra (between the Petrol Station and Lulu)
- Private basis: 8:00am From your hotel within Muscat area.
Tip:Men should wear long trousers, woman need long trousers/skirt, long sleeves and get the hair covered by scarf)
What is included in the tour
- 4WD vehicle
- Professional English-Speaking guide/driver
- Entrance fees
- Lunch at the local restaurant
- Drinking water and soft drinks
What is NOT included in the tour
- Tips to the tour guide (non-mandatory but advisable as courtesy)
- We start with a must-visit Grand Mosque, one of the largest mosques in the world. This mosque has the second largest handmade carpet in the world and has a dazzling chandelier in the main prayer hall. Tip:Men should wear long trousers, woman need long trousers/skirt, long sleeves and get the hair covered by scarf)
- Afterwards, we will leave Muscat and drive north towards the impressive Nakhl fort. Built on top of an irregular mountain rock, the fort is a perfect vantage point for all photography lovers.
- The fort is surrounded by a charming small ancient village which grows extensive date palm plantations. You can stroll around inside of this restored fortress and visit all the rooms which have been nicely decorated in the original old style. The view from the top of the fortress over the mountains and green date plantations is outstanding.
- After this visit, we will drive around the nearby village and stop at ‘Thowarah’ hot springs. The natural spring water is channeled into the falaj system to irrigate the surrounding date plantations. Here you can dip your toe (for a complimentary pedicure – by the fish) or just relax at the oasis.
- After some time, we will drive back to Muscat and we will have lunch at a typical Omani restaurant where are we going to seat on the floor like locals and eat Shuwa – the Oman’s special dish.
- Photo stop at the Royal Opera House and drive along the beautiful beach road of ShattiQurum before going to the “old Muscat” to visit the magnificent Al Alam Palace which is the official Palace of his Majesty Royal Highness Sultan Qaboos. It is flanked by the 16th century Portuguese forts Mirani &Jalali.
- From here we will follow the corniche to the old Muttrah Souk, where you’ll find local textiles, dates, and fresh produce to browse. Omani souvenirs to pick up include khanjar (curved daggers), silver jewelry, and frankincense.Tip: Bargaining is the norm, so don’t be shy!
- Drop off to Lulu or to your hotel after the trip.