Saturday& Sundays’ Sundae - Trips: Wadi Bani Khalid- Wahiba Desert Sands-Ibra
An overnight to Wahiba desert sands is like taking a creamy chocolate flavor Sundae, it is a ‘must experience’ leaving you a sweet memory!
Pick-up Time/ Place
- Sharing basis: 6:00 am: Lulu Parking Lot, Ghubra (between the Petrol Station and Lulu)
- Private basis: 6:00 am From your hotel within Muscat area.
- Women should wear shorts and a T-shirt instead of a bikini to any wadis. Bring extra clothes to change after the swimming.
- You might want to bring jacket (during winter) to enjoy your time seating outside while having star gazing!
What is included in the tour
- 4WD vehicle
- Professional English-Speaking guide/driver
- Entrance fees
- Daily lunch at the local restaurants
- Dinner at the camp
- Drinking water and soft drinks
What is NOT included in the tour
- Tips to the tour guide (non-mandatory but advisable as courtesy)
- We will start this exciting trip with a 2 ½ hours’ drive to Wadi Bani Khalid,a little oasis in the mountains, with the turquoise water, green palm trees and dusty yellow surrounding rocks – very picturesque!
- This wadi is a great place for sunbathing and swimming and relaxing. You can also take a walk deeper into the Wadi to see the cave at the end.
- Tips:Women should wear shorts and a T-shirt instead of a bikini to any wadis. Bring extra clothes to change after the swimming.
- We will have lunch at the small restaurant located at the wadi.
- In the late afternoon we continue to Wahiba Sands desert, which is arguably Oman’s most spectacular sandscape. The great Wahiba sands are longitudinal dunes 200 kilometers long and 100 kilometers wide running south from the Eastern Hajars to the Arabian Sea. The dunes are 100-150 meters high in shades of color from orange to hues of amber. We will continue our 4×4 Sand-dune drive to experience a real desert feeling until we reach our camp – Safari Desert Camp. After check-in, we will meet again to watch the stunning desert sunset on top of one of the big sand dunes. We finish the day with a Dinner at the camp and a nice relaxing time around a romantic campfire.
- Tips:You might want to bring jacket (during winter) to enjoy your time seating outside while having star gazing!
- In the morning after a nice relaxing breakfast in the Camp, we will visit a Bedouin family to learn about their lifestyle. Here you can have a chance to have a camel riding guided by one Bedouin(with extra cost).
- Afterwards, we will leave the desert and drive to the old town of Ibra. There we will visit the colourful the local Market/Souq and the old ancient Village of Ibra. After lunch at the small local restaurant, we drive back to Muscat. There are several chances photo stops along the way.
- Drop off to Lulu/or to your hotel at approx. 5pm.