Let us show you the dramatic and exciting landscape of Oman.From rugged cliffs rise sheer from a deep blue sea; tawny deserts lap up to the foot of arid mountains whose jagged peaks tower high above; deep green palm groves fill a mountain valley or spread out around an ancient mud-built town.
- From Muscat airport or from any hotel within Muscat City
- Day 1: Depart from Muscat - Bimah Sinkhole - Wadi Shab - Beach Fins - Ras Al Hadd
- Day 2: Sur – Wadi Bani Khalid – Wahiba Desert Sands
- Day 3: Ibra - Jabal Akdhar - Nizwa
- Day 4: Nizwa – Misfat Al Abreen - Jebel Shams Grand Canyon
- Day 5: Off-road Mountain Crossing drive from Jebel Shams – Wadi Bani Awf – Nakhal - Muscat
What is included in the tour
- 4 nights accommodation on sharing basis
- Daily breakfast and dinner at the camp/hotels
- English speaking guide cum driver
- 4wd car during the trip on private basis
- Limited drinking water/soft drinks
- Entrance fees where applicable
What is NOT included in the tour
- Lunch and any meals other than mentioned
- Tips and porter age
- Any items on personal nature
Day 1: Depart from Muscat - Bimah Sinkhole - Wadi Shab - Beach Fins - Ras Al Hadd
- The tour departs Muscat in the morning towards Ras al Hadd. After a photo stop at the Bamah sinkhole (swimming in the sinkhole lake is possible) and the long white Beach of Fins, we arrive in Wadi Shab. This Wadi is an enormous canyon gorge that is lined with palm trees and impressive indications of what the power of the water coming down from the mountains can do in nature.
- With a 45 minute hike up through the canyon Wadi, we arrive at one of several crystal clear water pools. Tourists can swim on through the warm waters from pool to pool. Eventually we come to the last pool where an opening among the enormous rocks allows us to swim into an incredible crevice cave with a small waterfall. Inside, the sunlight filters in from the outside, turning the water into a beautiful turquoise blue whilst water showers down one side of the cave from the Wadi beyond.
- The tour continues to Ras al Hadd. In the evening we take you to the Turtle sanctuary at Ras Al Jinz. Here we will go on a guided beautiful walking tour on the beach at night under the stars, where we have a high chance of seeing Omans great sea turtles stumbling on to the beach to build a nest and lay the eggs. If you are lucky, you can even see baby turtles hatching from some nests.
- Dinner and Overnight at Turtle Beach Resort.
Day 2: Sur – Wadi Bani Khalid – Wahiba Desert Sands
- In the morning we will show you the City of Sur with some old fortresses and the famous Arabian Dhow Factory, where you can see traditional wooden Dhows being built.
- After Lunch we will drive onwards to Wadi Bani Khalid, one of the biggest and most beautiful Wadis in Oman. Here you can swim, sunbath, relax and have a picnic in the beautiful scenic Wadi canyons.
- In the late afternoon we continue to our desert camp in the Wahiba Sands desert, where you relax or take part in an adventurous 4x4 drive in the sand dunes. Then we will watch the stunning sunset of the desert on one of the big sand dunes. We finish the day with a Dinner at the camp and a nice romantic time around a campfire.
- Dinner and Overnight in Safari Desert Camp
Day 3: Ibra - Jabal Akdhar - Nizwa
- In the morning we drive to the small town of Ibra. There we will visit the colourful the local Market (Souq) and the old ancient Village of Ibra. Tip: If its Thursday, we can bring you to Sinaw instead of Ibra, to see the special SinawCamel Market)
- Afterwards, we drive towards Nizwa, the old capital city of Oman. We will arrive there in the afternoon and we will drive straight to Jabal Akdhar Mountain to admire the scenery in this mountain with old villages, terraces and dry wadi.
- Drive down to Nizwa. Dinner and overnight atAl Diyar Nizwa.
Day 4: Nizwa – Misfat Al Abreen - Jebel Shams Grand Canyon
- We start the day early to visit the Nizwa Souq. It is among the largest of its kind in Oman. A wide variety of vendors offer their goods in the streets of the souk from 05:00 am to about 10:00 am each morning. Here you can find fish, meat, vegetables, pottery, jewellery, handicrafts and souvenirs which are sold in authentic old market halls that few places can boast. Tip: If you’re doing this on Friday, you can start early to witness the Friday Cattle Market when the locals from the nearby Villages come to sell their donkeys, goats, cattle, sheep and chickens in a circus style open market place.
- Next to the Souq is Nizwa Fortress. The fort is a museum today and offers splendid views of this ancient town and the surrounding mountains. You can walk around in this impressive fortress and visit its many rooms, passages and towers.The fort is an architectural testimony to the economic and military achievements of the early Yaruba dynasty from the mid-17th century. It was a military stronghold designed to withstand even the strongest of attacks at the time. Even along the corridors, many traps were laid to deter any intruders that might have penetrated the defences.
- We will also visit the Misfat Al Abreen. This picturesque village lies on a steep slope at the foot of Jebel Shams, consists of old homes and narrow streets. It has a large Falaj system which supplies water for many orchards, date palms and vegetables. It is worth to spend at least 1 ½ hours walking around the village.
- From this villahe, we drive up to the Jebel Shams Mountain where we spend the last night on our tour. This Mountain is the highest point of Oman with 3000 meter at its peak. After our arrival in Jebel Shams Resort, you have leisure time the rest of the day. You can spend the afternoon walking around the famous Grand Canyon of Oman. The Canyon edge offers spectacular views of the Wadis and valleys below.
- Dinner and Overnight at Jebel Shams Resort.
Day 5: Off-road Mountain Crossing drive from Jebel Shams – Wadi Bani Awf – Nakhal - Muscat
- In the morning we drive down the mountain the other side (east) into the Wadi Bani Awf. This mountain road drive is an exciting off-road experience and offers fantastic views into dramatic canyons and Wadis, as it winds down several kilometres before connecting with Wadi Bani Awf. Once we reach the Valley (Wadi Bani Awf), the road leads us through the Wadi for about 1 ½ hours while passing numerous small villages. We will also pass by to Nakhal to visit the Nakhal Fort and Hot Spring. From there we head back to Muscat.
How to proceed with the booking
We will try to our best to get back to you as soon as possible, between 1-3 days. Do not make any ongoing or additional travel plans until the tour is confirmed.
Once your booking is confirmed, we will require a deposit which are due within 15 days after confirmation of the tour. Final payment is due 5 days before tour date. We can also accept cash as final payment.
Cancellations & Refunds
All cancellation requests must be received in writing or confirmed email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more about our cancellation policy, please visit our Cancellation Policy Page.