ThursdayTrekking Day - Trips: Nizwa- Al Hamra- Jebel Shams Balcony walk
Pick-up Time/ Place
- Sharing basis: 8:00 am: Lulu Parking Lot, Ghubra (between the Petrol Station and Lulu)
- Private basis: 8:00 am From your hotel within Muscat area.
Tip: Wear light t-shirts, long trouser and trekking shoes/sandals.
What is included in the tour
- 4WD vehicle
- Professional English-Speaking guide/driver
- Entrance fees
- Lunch at the local restaurant
- Drinking water and soft drinks
What is NOT included in the tour
- Tips to the tour guide (non-mandatory but advisable as courtesy)
- We will drive first to Nizwa, the old capital city of Oman. Our first stop is the famous Nizwa Souq. It is among the largest of its kind in Oman. A wide variety of vendors offer their goods in the streets of the souk from 05:00 am to about 10:00 am each morning. Here you can find fish, meat, vegetables, pottery, jewelry, handicrafts and souvenirs which are sold in authentic old market halls that few places can boast.
- Next to the Souq is Nizwa Fortress. The fort is a museum today and offers splendid views of this ancient town and the surrounding mountains. You can walk around in this impressive fortress and visit its many rooms, passages and towers.The fort is an architectural testimony to the economic and military achievements of the early Yaruba dynasty from the mid-17th century. It was a military stronghold designed to withstand even the strongest of attacks at the time. Even along the corridors, many traps were laid to deter any intruders that might have penetrated the defenses.
- Then we drive towards the Jebel Shams Mountain. After a short drive through the ancient village of Al Hamra, we drive up the Mountain to the stunning Grand Canyon of Oman in 2000 m. You can spend the afternoon walking around this famous Grand Canyon. There are many different walking paths to choose from easy and short to difficult and long. The Grand Canyon offers spectacular views over the surrounding valleys and Wadis below. In the late afternoon we drive back to Muscat.Drop off to Lulu or to your hotel after the trip.